Check out this new podcast on responsible investing crafted by the minds behind the popular Climate Town YouTube channel. This episode delves deep into the ESG space and the myths and misconceptions surrounding it. Please give it a listen and share it within your network.
Episode Description: “Have you ever been perplexed by the maze of ESG information and the surrounding misinformation? If so, this episode is for you. Listen as the astute comedians, Rollie Williams (Climate Town) and Nicole Conlan (The Daily Show), demystify the topic with humor and precision. Their show, “The Climate Denier’s Playbook,” has been instrumental in debunking climate myths, and this episode promises to shed light on the many facets of ESG in an entertaining manner.”
- Bloomberg Law: Target’s DEI Quagmire Is a Securities Fraud Wake-Up Call
- Bloomberg Tax: EU Rejects Claims That Its ESG Rules Don’t Meet Global Standards
- Business Insider: Marc Andreessen is getting raked over the coals for calling social responsibility the ‘enemy’
- CNBC: Huawei spin-off Honor says ESG will play a big role in its IPO and is ’embedded’ in its DNA
- Consumer Finance Monitor: CA to require GHG and climate-risk reporting for companies nationwide
- Crain’s: California fire risks spur push for home-insurance overhaul
- Daily Mail: EXCLUSIVE: Republican candidate Vivek Ramaswamy demands former Strive Asset Management VP Joyce Rosely’s lawsuit be dismissed after she claimed she was fired for flagging sexual harassment
- ESG Clarity: Green bonds propel 2023 global ESG debt market
- Forbes: Companies Need To Get Serious About Materiality
- Insider Intelligence: The EU’s ESG reporting requirements turn up the heat on financial institutions there
- Pensions & Investments: SEC oversight of ESG will continue despite exclusion from exam priorities, experts say
- Politico: EU climate rule about to hit U.S. businesses | The Long Game
- Reuters: Shell has given up specific targets for carbon offsets- CEO
- TechCrunch: When was the last time Marc Andreessen talked to a poor person?
- WSJ: Getting ESG Reporting Ready and Uninsurable Risks: Takeaways From the WSJ Pro Sustainable Business Forum | Renewables Reminiscent of Shale Boom, Kimmeridge Leader Says | Tucker Carlson’s Media Company Secures Investment Led by New ‘Anti-Woke’ Firm 1789 Capital
- Washington Post: China Trade Fights Will Undermine Europe’s Climate Ambitions
- Bloomberg: You Can’t Sell Trees No One Cuts Down | Why Are Governments Still Subsidizing Fossil Fuels?
- NYT: Exxon Mobil’s Pioneer Deal Is a Direct Threat to Democracy
- Steve Milloy posted: Gensler’s original proposal was DOA from Day 1. It would not have survived its first encounter with a court. But good to see Charlie still carrying water for ESG-loving Larry Fink, who has had to hire lobbyists in every red state to oppose anti-ESG legislation.
- Charles Gasparino posted: SCOOP: BlackRock’s Larry Fink urged SEC Chair Gensler to back off some of ESG policies, saying he should tone down intensity. This plus 15K+ comments on the climate disclosure proposal has caused Gensler to rethink scope of proposal. More now @LizClaman.
- October 17: Orbitas The High Cost of Ignoring Scope 3 Deforestation Emissions Webinar. Register here.
- October 26: Ceres Charting Progress Webinar: Regulator Actions on Climate Financial Risks. Register here.
- October 26: Gensler doing a fireside chat on climate disclosure at Chamber event.
- October 31: Ceres A Guide for Businesses: California’s New Climate Disclosure Legislation Webinar. Register here.