Position Summary: Social Media Manager
Climate Nexus’ digital team is looking for a social media savvy, data-driven, strategic thinker with a passion for and knowledge about climate change issues. This individual will manage and innovate the organization’s various social channels, develop relationships with partners and influencers, and stay on top of the latest social media trends as well as critical climate news moments.
About Climate Nexus
Climate Nexus (CN) is a nonprofit strategic communications group dedicated to changing the conversation on climate change and clean energy solutions in the United States.
Climate Nexus is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This person will have a strong interest for all things digital and social media. More importantly, they will have passion for and demonstrable knowledge of climate change or climate science, and the intersection of climate in policy, business and other areas. They will have a proven ability to build a dynamic social media presence, deepen online relationships with influencers and partners, and integrate social media strategies into broader digital campaigns. This person will be a thought leader who will inform best practices around up-and-coming social media tactics and use analytics and insights to show the outcome of digital efforts.
- Own and curate all of Climate Nexus’ social media channels including, but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn, ensuring brand consistency and tone of voice.
- Stay on top of inbox, slack, current events, and climate news.
- Respond efficiently to emails and requests for social amplification, reviewing Twitter @ replies, re-tweets, mentions, and other comments and DM’s on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Quickly create published content (images, video, and written).
- Develop and expand relationships with influencers and partners for cross-promotions.
- Help build social packs and get it out the door in a timely fashion for big media moments and campaigns.
- Engage in regular social listening through Sprout/Cision/Hubspot and monitor mentions of Climate Nexus, its partners, climate news moments or key issues Nexus is tracking, as well as data and analytics that show trends and opportunities to further empower the climate movement.
- Assist with paid promotion campaigns across social media by working with an outside digital ad agency.
- Help build social media strategies behind internal and external digital campaigns, including but not limited to: scheduling, monitoring, and commenting.
- Analyze key metrics and compile reports for teams and leadership showing results (full-loop reporting).
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant digital/social media/climate experience
- Proficient with social scheduling, monitoring, and listening tools such as Buffer, Sprout Social, HubSpot, TweetDeck, or others
- Demonstrated experience managing a variety of social media channels and an in-depth knowledge of how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills, especially for an online audience
- Knowledge of social media best practices including content calendar creation, UTM tracking, and KPIs; Must always keep up with the latest social media trends
- Industry knowledge of climate science, sustainability or other related fields
- Experience with CRMs and centralized analytics tools
- Experience with design and video tools, such as Wochit, Canva, Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop, Premiere is a plus
- Familiarity with the landscape of CN’s existing frontline, local, regional, or national partners that work on climate change is a plus
- Experience with A/B testing and familiarity with social media paid advertising welcome
- A team player who is willing to be a part of a nimble team, learn new things, experiment, and jump in whenever is necessary
- Ability to problem solve, work independently, and manage many tasks at once in a fast-paced environment
- Service-oriented and culturally competent with a deep appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion
- Proactive and passionate; excited to help create something meaningful
- Entrepreneurial and data-driven; able to not just promote, but also measure and analyze the performance of content and messages
Compensation & Benefits
- This position is based in our New York City office; moving reimbursement considerations will be made if relocation is required to accept the job.
- Salary $70,000-$90,000
- Generous benefits package, including remote days and paid personal and sick leave; 20 days of accrued vacation each year; health, dental & vision packages, including a Health Savings Account/high deductible option as well as a Flexible Spending Account option; employer match and contributions to 401k; commuter transit benefit, parental leave after one year of employment.
- Email your cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2020.
- Please include your name + “Social Media Manager application” in the subject line.
- Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, we will not be able to respond to all applications.