About Climate Nexus
Climate Nexus is a nonprofit strategic communications group dedicated to changing the conversation on climate change and clean energy solutions in the United States. As a field-supporting 501(c)3 organization, Climate Nexus works in a largely unbranded capacity and supports other organizations in the climate change fight.
Climate Nexus is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Towns, states, and cities in the U.S. and around the world are declaring climate emergencies in the wake of extreme weather events exacerbated by climate change. Increasing numbers of people are taking to the streets to demand urgent action on climate and intersectional issues. There has never been a more important time to be working on climate change, but opposition and political groups with seemingly endless resources to shape public opinion on climate change are stalling critical policy action on climate. We need the help of talented, committed and justice-oriented individuals to reverse this trend.
We are looking for a digital marketing professional and paid advertising Pay-Per-Click expert with a deep understanding of paid advertising and growth marketing techniques, and ideally, a passion for climate issues. This individual will bring their unique expertise and skill set to help us and our partners reach our audience targets in a timely and compelling way via online pay-per-click and cost-per-acquisition campaigns. These audiences include financial executives, policymakers, journalists and as well as new audiences we should be pursuing This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who wants to use their digital marketing skills in pay-per-click, conversion, optimization, search engine marketing and analytics to contribute to tackling one of the defining issues of our time within an eager, impact-driven, and skilled digital team.
This position is based in either our New York or Washington DC office, though Climate Nexus staff is currently all-remote for the foreseeable future. Our pre-pandemic remote work policy was 10 days per year, though that is likely to change post-pandemic.
This position will be responsible for keyword research planning, campaign/bid management, creative asset management, custom audience build-outs, conversion tracking and analysis. Additional responsibilities include managing all external, online acquisition marketing, execution, and optimization across channels. This person will be a key member of the digital team to help deliver strategic advice, communications and outreach support to internal stakeholders and external partners of the organization.
- Plan, implement, automate, and optimize large-scale advertising campaigns
- Measure, optimize, and visualize our paid marketing results using Google Analytics, native platform analytics and other tools
- Research and develop partnerships with new and existing vendors to expand our reach and/or lower our cost-per-click
- Collaborate with teams and partners to maintain a consistent brand voice and message across all paid programs
- Map online journeys, develop conversion tracking, and launch lead generation forms for our content to distribute through paid channels
- Increase click-through-rates with compelling ad copy enhancements and creation
- Collaborate closely with creative, media, social monitoring and search engine optimization personnel to set and execute integrated strategies
- Assist with message, format, an audience testing in collaboration with and on behalf of external partners and stakeholders
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends to keep us ahead, including updates to social media marketing, attribution, and programmatic media buying
- Produce regular report outs of paid advertising and message testing results and analytics
- Be a digital thought leader, resource and innovator for the organization
- Train digital-savvy colleagues and partners in advanced digital marketing techniques
- Analyze and clearly communicate the results of ads campaigns to staff and partners outside the digital team in a way that they understand and can act on – including by using tools such as HubSpot, Supermetrics and Google Data Studio to create dashboards
- Define KPIs and benchmarks for paid advertising campaigns; share this information with other digital communications partners
- Monitor budget, timelines and performance regularly
- In-depth working knowledge of digital ad platforms and technologies, including paid search (Google AdWords), retargeting, programmatic display, and paid social (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and more), and content distribution and placement networks
- Understanding of data privacy laws and ability to communicate compliance requirements to senior leadership
- Exposure to and knowledge of other digital marketing channels and disciplines such as search engine optimization, user experience/user interface, e-marketing, data-analytics, content marketing, etc.
- Experience in data-segmentation and personalization
- Ability to conduct and report on multivariate, split and A/B tests
- Relentlessly service and detail oriented, experimental, and data-driven
- Excellent communicator and listener
- A willingness to jump in, learn quickly and help with additional needs across the team and organization
- Experience handling marketing budgets and forecasting/reporting results
- Familiarity with integrated contact relationship management systems and marketing automation tools (Salesforce, HubSpot, Marketo) and analytics and/or data-visualization tools
- Experience turning around quick content using Wochit, Canva, or Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop and/or working with creative freelancers and agencies to produce content is a plus
- Proficiency in setting up dashboards (e.g. using Supermetrics and Google Data Studio) to visualize digital ads results, and experience in explaining digital results to non-digital colleagues
- Experience working in a fast-paced, news-driven communications firm or environment is a plus, though not required (private-sector professionals are also encouraged to apply)
- Knowledge of or keen interest in climate change, climate justice, and energy issues
- Entrepreneurial, highly motivated team player ready to hustle and drive change
- Ability to effectively motivate and lead a team of external creative and digital vendors
- Ability to work flexibly, both independently and in a team
- Able to receive and give feedback with openness and humility
- Effective network and relationship builder
- A natural self-starter and problem solver with a data-driven mentality to identify key opportunities for growth and to report on digital insights
- Demonstrable commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
The starting salary range for this position is $71,000-85,000 a year, dependent on experience. Climate Nexus offers a generous benefits package, including paid personal and sick leave; standard health, dental, and vision packages; employer contributions to 401k retirement accounts; parental leave; commuter transit benefit.