Climate Nexus is seeking a candidate to fill a communications manager position on its Campaigns and Strategies team in Washington, DC.
About Climate Nexus
Climate Nexus (CN) is a nonprofit strategic communications group dedicated to changing the conversation on climate change and clean energy solutions in the United States.
Climate Nexus is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
- Play a key role in leading strategic communications efforts as part of a dynamic, fun, and thoughtful team of researchers and communicators.
- Assist in creating and executing communications and messaging strategies to preemptively address emerging issues and strengthen the competitive position of environment and clean energy stakeholders.
- Help to lead communications for the CN Campaigns and Strategies team’s work to transition buildings and power generation from fossil fuels to clean electricity, including pitching reporters, generating talking points and message guidance, and tracking and responding to emerging stories.
- Conceptualize, craft and place op-eds to advance communications goals.
- Translate research and data into compelling communications products.
- Build relationships with journalists and editors who cover the oil and gas industry, utilities, clean energy, building electrification, climate change, and other beats.
- Build and manage relationships with local and national partners, such as NGOs, energy and environment nonprofit organizations, think tanks, academic experts, community stakeholders, local climate leaders, and others.
- Coordinate digital strategies to support communications efforts.
- Track and evaluate success of workstream goals.
- Perform duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Media Strategy and Managing Director of Campaigns & Strategies.
- Experience working with journalists and media organizations.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working on communications, marketing, and/or advocacy campaigns.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage simultaneous issues.
- Minimum five years of experience in communications, public relations, journalism or a related field.
- Experience managing a coalition and working with external partners.
- Experience with digital communications, including social media and digital tracking and assessment tools.
- Knowledge of climate change, fossil fuel, and/or clean energy issues.
- Undergraduate degree.
Salary range: $67,000-82,000, commensurate with experience. Climate Nexus offers a generous benefits package. Relocation support may be available. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with “Manager, Communications” in the subject line. Climate Nexus is a fiscally sponsored project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, Inc., an equal opportunity employer.