About Climate Nexus
Climate Nexus (CN) is a nonprofit strategic communications group dedicated to changing the conversation on climate change and clean energy solutions in the United States.
Climate Nexus is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Climate Nexus’ digital team is looking for a social media savvy, data-driven, strategic thinker with a passion for climate change issues. This individual will assist the head of Paid Media & Digital Strategy with planning, implementing, automating, and optimizing large-scale digital advertising campaigns. The associate will also provide general digital support to the team.
This person will have a strong interest in all things digital and social media. More importantly, they will have passion for or demonstrable knowledge of climate change or climate science, and the intersection of climate in policy, business and other areas. They will have a proven ability to create, manage, and optimize paid social media campaigns across different platforms. This person will be a digital thought-leader who will inform best practices around up-and-coming digital tactics and use analytics and insights to show the outcome of digital efforts.
- Draft ad copy for paid advertising campaigns across social media platforms, google adwords, programmatic display, and more
- Support with all aspects of paid advertising campaigns including helping setting up campaigns in platforms, optimizing campaigns on a regular basis, and reporting after a campaign has finished
- Assist with audience development; work with external teams to define audience targets and the CRM team to populate first party lists
- Update and maintain the Climate Nexus website
- Assist with SEO optimizations for the Climate Nexus website and other websites
- Occasionally assist with analyzing paid campaign results, using tools such as HubSpot and Google Data Studio
- Fill in for the organic social media lead as needed
- Assist the digital team with a variety of digital requests
- Minimum 2 years of relevant digital/social media/climate experience
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills, especially for an online audience
- Working knowledge of digital ad platforms and technologies, including paid search (Google AdWords), programmatic display, and paid social (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and more)
- Experience with creating paid social media advertising campaigns as well as organic social campaigns
- Knowledge of or interest in climate science, climate justice, sustainability or other related fields
- Experience with CRMs and centralized analytics tools
- Experience with SEO and website content management systems and optimization is a plus
- Familiarity with frontline, local, regional, or national groups working on climate change is a plus
- A team player who is willing to be a part of a nimble team, learn new things, experiment, and jump in whenever is necessary
- Proactive and passionate; excited to help create something meaningful
- Entrepreneurial and data-driven; able to measure and analyze the performance of content and messages
- Demonstrable commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Flexible. Climate Nexus has Washington, D.C. and New York City offices, although our staff is now fully remote. Remote candidates will be considered, although occasional travel to our New York and D.C. offices will be required when it is safe.
While we value work/life balance, due to the nature of news this role will sometimes require work outside traditional hours.
The salary range for this position is $58,000 to $65,000, commensurate with experience. Climate Nexus offers a generous benefits package, including paid vacation, personal and sick leave; standard health, dental, and vision packages; generous employer contributions to 401k retirement accounts; parental leave; commuter transit benefit.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected], with “Senior Digital Associate” in the subject line by Monday, June 28th. Please also indicate how you heard about this position.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We strive to create a safe, diverse, and inclusive workplace. We welcome people of all gender identities, races, sexual orientations, physical or mental abilities, ethnicities, religions, ages, and perspectives. We believe striving for diversity, equity and inclusion is key to the fight for climate justice and the success of the climate movement itself.
Climate Nexus is a fiscally sponsored project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, Inc., an equal opportunity employer. Climate Nexus is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourages qualified persons of diverse age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity, or military/veteran status to apply.