We’re looking for a digital expert with a passion for data and analytics to join our digital team! Apply to become our Digital Performance Analytics & Data Specialist.
Location: Flexible. Climate Nexus has offices in Washington, D.C., and New York City, although our staff is currently fully remote. Remote candidates will be considered, although occasional travel to our New York or D.C. offices will be required when it is safe.
Climate Nexus is a nonprofit strategic communications group dedicated to changing the conversation on climate change and clean energy solutions in the United States. As a field-supporting 501(c)3 organization, Climate Nexus works in a largely unbranded capacity and supports other organizations in the climate change fight.
Climate Nexus is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Towns, states, and cities in the U.S. and around the world are declaring climate emergencies in the wake of extreme weather events exacerbated by climate change. Increasing numbers of people are taking to the streets to demand urgent action on climate and intersectional issues. There has never been a more important time to be working on climate change, but opposition and political groups with seemingly endless resources to shape public opinion on climate change are stalling critical policy action on climate. We need the help of talented, committed and justice-oriented individuals to reverse this trend.
The Digital Performance Analytics & Data Specialist, a manager-level position, is an expert in digital marketing with a passion for data and analytics. We’re looking for an individual who can help us drive our paid and organic social, paid search, SEO, and overall digital strategy to take our efforts to the next level through data and analytics. The Performance Analytics & Data Specialist will help us understand the performance of our digital assets and campaigns and may assist with implementation where possible. The Performance Analytics & Data Specialist will be responsible for analyzing and translating data into meaningful insights. They will also be responsible for proactively providing tactical recommendations that can impact the outcome of important partner campaigns related to climate justice and help us understand which messages about climate persuade and motivate people to take action.
The Performance Analytics & Data Specialist reports to the Digital Director but is expected to be a true team player with an “all hands on deck” approach. This individual will be responsible for using data to increase campaign impact, build our audiences, recommend how to allocate spend, test messages in coordination with our polling team, optimize various web and social assets, and provide insights on key projects related to climate change, natural gas, finance, climate science, environmental justice and more. The Performance Analytics & Data Specialist will also play an integral role in helping the digital team and our partners stay abreast of key performance indicators and developing performance benchmarks.
- Conduct full-loop reporting; lead data and campaign performance analysis across the organization
- Work and assist the digital team to develop and optimize paid media campaigns, report and deliver on KPIs
- Work with Digital Director to identify opportunities, prioritize projects and meet organizational needs as well as reporting deadlines
- Conduct initial campaign research and provide proactive tactical recommendations; tasks include but are not limited to:
- Budget & building recommendations
- Report building
- Performance analysis on a daily, weekly, monthly basis as needed
- Keyword research
- Ad copy testing
- Audience recommendations & building
- Copy & asset recommendations
- Landing page/UX testing
- Tactical recommendations – new channels, new budget, new assets, etc.
- With the help of an external vendor, develop critical data-collection infrastructure/repositories for digital channels as well as data-visualization tools (i.e. Google Data Studio, VWO, etc.) that will showcase social, message testing, email, and web performance
- Make regularly informed recommendations grounded in data to enhance digital campaign performance and maximize ad spend
- Share meaningful insights and results with internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends in digital marketing and data analytics
- Ability to work with a small team and dive in where needed
- Entrepreneurial, highly motivated team player ready to hustle and drive change
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work flexibly, both independently and in a team as well as with external vendors and agencies
- Able to receive and give feedback with openness and humility
- Effective network and relationship builder
- A natural self-starter and problem solver
- Demonstrable commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Passion for and proven experience analyzing and acting on data
- Working knowledge of paid social and paid search channels (Google Ads, Bing Ads, GDN, YouTube, Facebook/IG, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter) and other organic channels (SEO, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, and GTM practices
- Hands-on experience with Excel, SQL, and Tableau, Google Data Studio, or Power BI
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Marketing or related field; certification programs or equivalent experience in a relevant field is also acceptable
- At least three years relevant work experience
- Excellent written English, verbal, organizational, analytical, interpersonal listening and communication skills, and attention to detail
- Knowledge of or keen interest in climate change, climate justice, and energy issues
- Search engines, web analytics, and business research tools acumen
- Knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys, etc.)
- Experience with content creation/marketing is a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced, news-driven communications firm or environment is a plus, though not required (private-sector professionals are also encouraged to apply)
- Familiarity with integrated contact relationship management systems and marketing automation tools (Salesforce, HubSpot, Marketo) and analytics and/or data visualization tools
The starting salary range for this position is $66,500-$85,000 a year, dependent on experience. Climate Nexus offers a generous benefits package, including paid personal and sick leave; standard health, dental, and vision packages; employer contributions to 401k retirement accounts; parental leave; commuter transit benefit.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We strive to create a safe, diverse, and inclusive workplace. We welcome people of all gender identities, races, sexual orientations, physical or mental abilities, ethnicities, religions, ages, and perspectives. We believe striving for diversity, equity and inclusion is key to the fight for climate justice and the success of the climate movement itself.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected], with “Digital Performance Analytics & Data Specialist” in the subject line. Climate Nexus is a fiscally sponsored project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, Inc., an equal opportunity employer.